Professor of Biology
Cellular & Molecular Biology
Infection and Innate Immunity
- Drosophila Immune Response to Entomopathogenic Nematodes and their Mutualistic Bacteria
- Role of Endosymbiotic Microbes in the Immune Response of Drosophila against Nematode Parasites and their Associated Bacteria
- Interaction between aging and immunity in Drosophila
- Drosophila Antiviral Immunity and Viral Pathophysiology
- Interaction between tumorigenesis immunity and metabolism in Drosophila
- Microbiome and Host-Pathogen Interactions
- Host-Microbiota Cooperation in Health and Diseases
BISC 4132: Advanced Cellular-Molecular Biology
BISC 3209: Molecular Biology
BISC 4171: Undergraduate Research
BISC 6205: Current Topics in Cell and Molecular Biology
BISC 6219: Host-Microbe Interactions
BISC 8998: Advanced Reading and Research
2007 - 2009: Postdoctoral Research Fellow – French National Centre for Scienti9c Research (CNRS)/Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology (IBMC), Unit of Research (UPR) 9022 "Immune Response and Development in Insects", University of Strasbourg - Strasbourg, France.
2003 - 2006: Postdoctoral Research Oncer – University of Bath, Department of Biology and Biochemistry - Bath, UK.
2000 – 2002: Ph.D. (Insect Molecular Biology, Insect Physiology and Toxicology) University of Bath, Department of Biology and Biochemistry / Rothamsted Research, Division of Plant and Invertebrate Ecology – UK.
1998 – 1999: M.Sc. (Technology of Plant Protection / Molecular Entomology) University of Reading, Department of Agriculture – Reading, UK.
1993 – 1996: B.Sc. (Applied Biology / Entomology) Technological Educational Institute (T.E.I.) of Larissa, School of Agricultural Technology, Department of Plant Production – Larissa, Greece.